It seems like everyone who loves a good Merlot or refreshing Chardonnay is joining a wine club lately - but what benefits can you look forward to if you choose to sign up?
If you enjoy wine regularly, you’ll appreciate the sheer variety of cultivars and wine producers that you’ll uncover in every wine club box or gift basket - not to mention the savings you’ll enjoy.
The convenience of home delivery - especially at a time when many of us are choosing to stay indoors for the sake of our health - is another great feature of a club membership.
You may have seen some of the great wine selections on offer from clubs such as Wine Insiders and Plonk Wine Club. If you’re considering a new membership or gift subscription for a friend, colleague, or loved one, read on for a deeper overview of the benefits of joining a wine club.
Great Wines At Great Prices
Enjoying a glass of wine after work or with your favorite meal - and your favorite people - shouldn’t have to cost a fortune.
At a time when many of us are watching our spending, you’ll be happy to know that you can get a great selection of wine at a monthly price that’ll suit almost any budget.
- Wine clubs select some of the best bottles and vintages from producers as close as California and as far as the Rhône Valley or Champagne. The Gold Medal Wine Club is an excellent choice if you’d like to sample some of the finest labels from the US and around the world
- These wines may ordinarily be expensive - especially if you buy them from a retailer - but you’ll find that the price you pay per bottle through a club is usually significantly lower
- This is because clubs buy in bulk and can negotiate the best price directly from the winery. Not only will you get some of the worlds finest wines delivered straight to your door, but you also pay far less per bottle
This combination of affordability and convenience is one of the best reasons to sign up for a club membership.
New Taste Adventures Every Month
One of the great things about enjoying wine is the huge variety of producers, regions, and flavors that are just waiting to be explored. When you join a wine club, you’ll receive a monthly or quarterly selection of delicious bottles from around the world.
- Whether you’re new to the enjoyment of wine or are a seasoned connoisseur, you’ll love the excitement of tasting a new vintage or grape varietal for the first time. VINEBOX - with its famous presentation of wines in glass-sized vials - is a great place to start
- To enhance your enjoyment almost all clubs provide detailed tasting notes with every box they send you. Reading these will give you extra insight into the wine as well as the history of the vineyard and region
- This is especially useful when you’re tasting wine from the region you haven’t explored much in the past
This educational aspect of wine club membership is one of the reasons why enthusiasts often sign up for monthly or quarterly subscription boxes. If you have a passion for winemaking and love to know exactly what kind of viticultural process went into the bottle you’re about to enjoy, you’ll find the tasting notes especially helpful.
A Chance To Support Boutique Wineries
You’ll find a good number of famous wine producers represented on the list of most wine clubs – and you’ll also get to sample the unique flavor of boutique wineries and small producers that have distinguished themselves in the world of wine.
- Many small wineries are owned and managed by expert winemakers who learned their art at some of the world’s best known vineyards
- Boutique winemakers bring a delicious variety of wines to your table at a fraction of the cost of famous vineyards. This means greater affordability and more glasses of delicious Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling and many others to go around
If you choose a club like Naked Wines that specializes in boutique producers you’ll be able to taste blends that you’d never come across at a large wine retailer. You may even discover your new favorite label and have the chance to order more of the same at excellent prices online.
The Ease And Convenience Of Home Delivery
If you love to drink wine but hate to carry it around, you’ll definitely enjoy the added benefit of home delivery that wine clubs provide.
Not only will this service save you the hassle of carrying heavy bottles, but it’s also much safer at a time when many people are opting to socially distance while avoiding lines and crowded stores.
Before you join a wine club, you’ll want to check that your state of residence allows home delivery of alcohol and that the club provides service to your area. Most online wine retailers will inform you about delivery availability when you enter your address on the checkout page.
Final Thoughts - Drinking Your Favorite Wine Has Never Been Easier
At a time when many of us think twice before going out, ordering the wine you love or a box of new surprises from your favorite wine club has never been easier.
With many online wine retailers offering specials and discounts at the moment now could be the perfect time to join your first wine club and experience the exciting delicious flavors and convenience that they have on offer.
Joining a wine club makes sense on so many levels - especially at a time when you may want to stay home and enjoy your favorite bottles in peace and safety.
The variety of wines and producers that you’ll be able to sample each month - and the excellent prices you’ll enjoy - are reason enough for most people to sign up.
If you’re ready to join a wine club, you can start by reading our reviews and recommendations which will help you find a subscription that suits both your palate and budget.